New Year, New Me!

Saturday 2 January 2016

in
Am i the only one who is still getting used to the fact that we are in 2016! i mean where did that year go? I know I say that every year, but I honestly cannot believe where the past year has gone. It makes you realise how quick time passes and how time isn't waiting for no one. 2015 was jam packed with a lot of ups and a lot of downs which, as a person, has made me so much more stronger and has made me realise what is important in life and accept that things really do happen for a reason.

2015 started out with our gorgeous little boy Harry turning 3 and in a few days time we will be celebrating his 4th birthday. Harry has grown so much in this past year and has surprised me in so many ways with what he has achieved in the past few months. In October Harry met the criteria for an autism diagnosis which, as a family, was hard to take in and come to terms with even tho we had known for a long time that something just wasn't quite 'right'. On the other hand I also felt a great sense of relief and like a weight had been lifted as we can finally start a new chapter in Harry's life and get all the help and support that he needs to flourish and help unleash his true potential. I hope 2016 brings us many more 'little' milestones to celebrate, because with Harry you really do cherish every little achievement, weather it be putting his own socks on, being able to ask for juice, have a proper first conversation, being able to talk to his brother, knowing the correct time to say please or thank you. You may not think of that as being a major achievement but for us its like winning the lottery. Harry never really talked or used words until he passed the age of 3 so every little sentence he comes out with, even if it is using echollalia (autism mums you know what i mean!) is so special. So here is hoping that he keeps improving and that he gets all the help, love and support he needs!

Our other equally gorgeous boy James turned 1 in September. There is never a dull moment with James about. He is the cutest, loudest, cheeky chappy about. hes constantly getting up to mischief and keeping us on our toes. Harry is James hero! Everywhere Harry goes, James has to go to and when he is not there he goes about the whole house shouting 'haaaarrrrryyy' over and over! James has really come on with his talking this past few months and is picking up on everything. Its so strange to see as like I said before Harry has only really started saying words this past year so its so funny seeing James at 16 month old talking and knowing the right time to use the words, such as hello, goodbye, calling Maisie our dog etc. I cant wait to see him grow this year and see how his language develops along side Harrys. He will also be a lot more fun together with Harry this summer as he is now walking and will be able to run along side him outside and get up to many of an adventure!


I don't really make new years resolutions, as it usually involved quitting a much loved food like chocolate and lets face it that's impossible, but this year I'm determined to make it as positive and fulfilling as possible.
I'm going to relax more, make more time for 'me', not rush the time away, move at a slower pace in life, take in the world around me, laugh harder and more often, cherish the moments with the kids and not wish their lives away, they are only this small once so make every moment count. I also vow to make more time for the special man in my life, my hubby, who makes it possible for me to be a stay at home mum to our wildlings and works harder than anyone I know. All the late nights and hard work will be worth it in the end.

So 2016...Come at me, because I couldn't be anymore ready for a fresh start and a positive new chapter in that 365 page book of 2016.

Wishing you all a great 2016.

Much love,

Laura xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment